Friday, August 26, 2011

Ramadhan 2011

     Assalamualaikum and a very good morning to all...I am now writing this entry just right after my sahur..it's 27th Ramadhan already and Alhamdulillah I am still alive to experience this holy Ramadhan for the 24th time in my life. Eid-Fitr is just around the corner and this year it's going to be different from my previous Eid. 
    Why??Because this year I have to give "Duit Raya" to children and my beloved people. For 23 years I have been receiving "Duit Raya" from others, and now it's my turn to give it back to others. Some of my friends said, "pelaburan masa hadapan". We give "Duit Raya" now, and we will get it back as a return in the future. Maybe not for ourselves, but for our children. 
     I have been working at UiTM Perlis as an English Lecturer for 3 months and staying at Sekolah Menengah Sains Kubang Pasu, Jitra for 2 months already, together with my friends, Dib and Dina. Since then, I only come back to my parents' house on weekends and whenever holiday. Everytime I come back home, I see changes in my grandmother. It's common to see someone whose age is above 60 years old having Alzheimer. My grandmother is having some of the symptoms. She is starting to forget things. Yesterday's afternoon, I was home and I went to her room when I heard she was calling for someone. I asked her if she needs anything. She said that she would like to have her shower because she hasn't taken her shower yet for that day. Then I brought her to the bathroom and bathe her because she can hardly get up and move on her own to get to the bathroom. After everything's done, I asked my Kak Long whether Tok has taken her bath for that day, and she said that she has just bathed her at 12pm. Hmmm....her Alzheimer is worsen from day to day. This year, until today, she was able to fast for 5 days only. What a test from Allah S.W.T. My family's routines now have changed. We have to take turn to take care of Tok. Although it's quite hard, and now my parents cannot do their bussiness like usual, but the rewards from Allah are limitless. I now know that it's totally true of what my father said to me, "Taking care of your parents is a noble thing to be done while they are still alive. Even though it's quite hard, but Allah will show us the way to handle it. And InsyaAllah, the rezeki will be more than before."
      This year also, we are not going to organize the open house for Eid-Fitr. So, it's going to be quite weird. But I hope our relatives won't judge us for it and understand our condition as well as Tok's. Lucky us to have Kak Long and Adik in house to help my parents and look after Tok until September because I am not home. After that, they will be going back to their campus life. We don't know who is going to help us to take care of Tok. I hope Allah will soon show us a way to overcome this problem. Amin... Tok now is becoming like a child where she needs attention and care. It's a symptom of Alzheimer too. I always pray that her health will become better and happy. Below is a picture of me and my grandmother on my convocation day in May. I love you Tok. Ya Allah, please give us strength and guts to take care of her and make her happy. Show us the way if we face any difficulty. May she have a happiest Eid-Fitr ever. Amin...


No comments:

Post a Comment